WELCOME to LITERATURE FOR PLEASURE!
- We READ in here! READ READ READ
- We read: novels, graphic novels, periodicals, on
kindles, blogs, reviews, and more!
- There is NO HOMEWORK! (Unless
you want to search for something to READ!)
- Books MAY be checked out and
taken home to READ
- You MAY bring your own books to
- You MAY bring your own devices to READ on.
- Food, drinks, and gum are NOT
allowed in class – bad for books! (And my carpet… and my computers!!!)
The Golden Rule:
- Behave in a way that allows
others to READ!
- I AM USING THE CLASS PERIOD TO
READ, SHARE or REFLECT about what I have READ
- Reading 50%
- Quarter Project
- Behavior 25%
- Includes Tardies, classroom behavior, etc.
BLOCK DAY CHOICES:
wisely and remember to behave in a way that allows others to work/read.
- READ: Yes, you may use the 45 minutes
to continue reading, just remember to behave in a way that allows others to
- SHARE and
REFLECT: Work on your Quarter Project
(Book Jacket, File Folder)
- BOOK CLUB: Form a group of 3-5
students who have read the same book. Use question cards OR generate your own question cards.
- BLOG on Edmodo: Log on to the class blog and communicate
with your classmates about READING. (u4xr5t)
- CREATE a poster, glogster, wordle, prezi, or any visual representation about a book
you have read.
- Be creative or use class samples.
Title, Author, Simple Summary, Opinion, Character/Setting information
- iMovie or Skit: Create an iMovie trailer or book
summary. Act out a scene or alternative ending. Be creative or use class samples.
- Any OTHER way of sharing out
that you can think of… something to present to the class or add to our Wall of
Occasionally there will be an opportunity to watch a
novel that has been adapted for the “big screen” – more about this later!